CHECKLIST FOR SELLERS
Contact J. Backer Group we will help you identify the most important aspect of selling your home.
- Why are you selling your home? Relocation, need more or less space, financial relief etc…
- When do you want or need to sell? Timing is the most critical element to the sales process
- Season – spring is the best time for sales, which will bring you more potential buyers and winter is the least attractive season which brings out less buyers.
- Price– the second most important element, if your property is not properly priced, your property will either sell too quickly (if priced below market) or else sit on the market long enough to be considered as a “stale” listing, lastly overlooked by everyone if priced too high in the current market.
- Market – the general trends of supply and demand can greatly affect the timing of a sale. Interest rate movements are the most significant factor for igniting or dampening sales.
- Prepping Your Home – J. Backer Group can help you with this!
- Is your home buyer ready? Staging the property to show it in its best form is the goal. A buyer has to see the vision of living there. Any one thing can turn a buyer off. It takes very little time for a buyer to make up their mind if they want to buy your home.
We at J. Backer Group will bridge the vision gap between you the seller and the buyer.
Clean and Freshen
- Clean bathrooms and kitchens until they shine.
- Clean Windows – open blinds and let the light in
- Target foul smells – smoking, pets and trash especially
Clean and Freshen
- The focus is to create visual space everywhere you can
- People are visual-especially Buyers!!
- Get rid of all clutter, clean off bookshelves, put away or throw out toys
- Clear off countertops and tables
- Clean and organize closets
- Dispose or store all unnecessary furniture
Clean and Freshen
- Fix minor things in the house, make it livable
- Repair faucets, replace missing knobs
- Replace missing door or cabinet handles
- Fix or replace broken appliances
- Paint if possible, using neutral colors or bright white. Paint brings a fresh look and smell!
CHECKLIST FOR BUYERS
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage ( tells you how much you can afford to buy )
- Find out what your credit score is
- Contact J. Backer Group to represent you.
- How much do you want to spend on a home?
- How much do you have for a down payment?
- When do you want to move into your new property?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- What neighborhoods are you most interested in?
- What is your preference for building style?
- Which amenities are essential to you?
- Is purchasing a home contingent upon something else taking place?
- Select an attorney-do not hire yet, but have someone in mind.
Planning ahead is about preparing for the future today. Consider your needs before you start your search. Think about the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, amenities, and most importantly LOCATION. Ensure arrangements are secured for a new home purchase or rental prior to putting your current home on the market. If need be, create a “To-Do” list, which outlines each step of the process. Use it as your “Next Step” guide for assuring the best results possible. You can never over prepare – but you can under prepare. J. Backer Group offers a seamless step-by-step method. ASK JBG ABOUT IT!
CHECKLIST FOR RENTERS
Renting in New York City is an adventure. Here are a few ‘Must Knows’ from J. Backer Group:
Procrastination may cost you an apartment you truly want. New York City is famous for its excitement and fast movement; particularly in this market. If you are interested in joining the adventure, then your goal should be to move quickly and be prepared to avoid possible delays. Gather documents needed in order to support your ability to pay for the rent. Don’t forget, having your paperwork in order ahead of time will save you, your agent, and your potential landlord unnecessary stress. It will help you expedite & properly manage your rental process. If all of your paperwork is in place, let your search begin!
STOP: There are specific tenant requirements in order to qualify for most apartments in Manhattan. Along with good credit rating, a prospective renter must earn a minimum annual household income of 40x the monthly rent. If income or credit are lacking, you must be prepared to provide a guarantor, which is a person who guarantees to pay for your debt should you default on your obligation(s). The guarantor must earn a minimum annual household income of 80x the monthly rent. J. Backer Group recommends use of a family member living in the tri-state (New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut). For additional information, ASK JB ABOUT IT!
Fully completed application
- Copy photo I.D. ( drivers license, passport, non-drivers ID)
- Employment verification letter (On company letterhead, stating position, salary, bonus if applicable, length of employment and signed by the preparer include a contact phone number)
- Most recent tax returns, Form 1040 (first two pages only)
- Copy of three (3) consecutive pay stubs (most recent).
- Copy of most recent bank statement
- Proof of additional income/savings (stocks, bonds, savings, etc…)
- If Self-Employed, a letter stating position & income from your Accountant or Lawyer
NYC is filled with amazement. From the BEST landmarks and attractions, to tourism, eatery, culture, nightlife, and shopping. All of which, makes NYC a GREAT place to live. None of which is possible without people – the ‘melting pot’ – which brands NYC as the most unique & diversity city in world. Inhabitants worldwide continue to move here daily, in a quest to fulfill their dream(s). You may be feeling the same way too.
Renting an apartment in NYC presents certain challenges, causing astonishment to people who aren’t a custom to other cities. Due to NYCs fast pace, renting can be perplexing, pricy, aggressive, and at times, distasteful. However, it does not to be that way. J. Backer Group specializes in making your rental experience as pleasant & productive as possible. We treat our clients, staff, & agents equally. To sum it up, we are here to help. Don’t get wrapped up into the darker side of things, be sure to ASK JB ABOUT IT! The brighter side that is… Nevertheless, take a moment to review a few simple (yet) important points for consideration.